As promised, here are my top ten favorites of 2013 (in no particular order) which were new to the blog but which are old family favorites. Some are probably older than a few of you readers! As you look down the list, you may think that a few of the recipes appear ordinary or somewhat prosaic—but I assure you they are anything but! Every one of them makes me drool just thinking about them. Of course, a contributing factor there is that I’m still sticking to my New Year’s resolution to lose weight and am on a diet. Sigh…
1. Almond Biscotti – A simple but simply delicious basic Italian biscotti. It’s hard to stop with eating just one. Put on a pot of coffee!
2. White Chocolate Brownies – These brownies are decadently rich and oh so moist.
3. Mini Flourless Cakes with Chocolate Glaze – One bite of these moist and fudgy cakes will make you weak in the knees! As a bonus, they’re gluten free.
4. Dream of Zucchini Soup – A creamless soup that will make you think you’re cheating on a diet but you’re not.
5. Beef Stroganoff – An easy, savory and delicious meal that is dinner-guest worthy. It’s stick-to-your-ribs good.
6. Cheesecake-marbled Brownies – Simply the best. I threw away all my other marbled brownie recipes after tasting one of these fabulous brownies.
7. The Best-ever Italian Wedding Soup – The star appetizer soup of many an Italian wedding dinner. Homemade stock is best with meatballs to die for!
8. Irish Soda Bread – This version of Irish soda bread is more cake-like than traditional soda bread. It is absolutely delicious slathered with butter and a cup of coffee or tea.
9. Chinese Stir Fry – This is a family favorite and as good as any Chinese take-out.
10. Coffee Crème Brûlée – Coffee pudding with a crisp sugary topping—need I say more?
Hope you find a few new family favorites of your own–enjoy!